cause cold
nostalgia
chills me to the bones
tag please or die
MichL says hi



About Me

I'm a person that eats, sleeps, slacks, procrastinate, talks, walks, writes, types, listens to music, watches anime, ipods all the way, doesn't have a watch, snacks, whacks, observes, dreams and
last but not least BITES!! rawr XD

bolditalicunderlinestrikeout
affiliates

YinMei Yun Ru Tasha Wan Lin Celine Rachel Marina Michelle Hwee Yeen Elizabeth Jia Yuan Meng Yean EricA Edward Chia Yi Hong Li Ying Sandra Amanda Miracle Link
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 @ 9/16/2009 02:25:00 AM
Another light
Yackety yack... haven't felt chatty in AGES!!
maybe since the holidays!
there are those RARE times when I'm really into the moment!
or hyped up! and can talk about almost anything :D
kind of like now :D
However 90% of the time, I'm either stressed out from uni work,
or turn into an introvert with a unbelievable lazy streak ;)

you wondering why?
because there's NO UNI tomorrow! XD
Well and also because I got sufficent social dosage today :D
There was some buka puasa event held by the Malaysian Society.
Aahh I don't go to the activities often because I live like 15 minutes away
by bus.. and all they mostly do is eat and talk..
I think a major factor would be that my uni work load has been reduced.. like a weight off my shoulder.
Living alone can do thing's (good or bad, I think mostly bad) to people too =.=
I have yet to discover something really fun to do over here.
Travelling with friends is fun! with the right company!
but it's not something that can be done often whatsoever.
So what's fun to do over here?!
I plan on badminton! but I don't think I know anyone that's into sports over here.
They seem to have their own priorities...
A huge factor could also be the fact that 99% of the people in uni are in a relationship.
Mannn, talk about priority change!
Uni takes up time, and the rest of the free time they obviously want to spend with their beloved.
At the moment I only, have 1 good friend from uni that isn't coupled... wthhh
Since I started uni, I've known 3 people who've hooked up.. no wait 4..
It's the cultural difference I tell you, I read in my subject
that australia is a low power distance, high individualism, low collectivism country.

Individualism: Individualism is a social psychological term that refers to the ways in which people identify themselves and focus their goals. Individualism, which is the opposite of collectivism, gives priority to personal goals (as opposed to the goals of a group or society). In addition, individualists tend to define their own identities according to their own personal behaviors and attributes.

Collectivism: Collectivism is a social psychological term that relates to the manner in which humans identify themselves and prioritize their goals. Collectivism, which is the opposite of individualism, focuses on the priorities of the group and not the individual. In a collectivist society, people identify themselves with the goals of the group much more so than the goals of individuals. Collectivism also focuses on things such as fitting into the group, behaving in ways that are line with social norms, group solidarity, and gaining a sense of identity from being part of the group. America is a more individualistic country (we do value individualism) whereas many Asian countries place a greater value on collectivism.

I think Malaysia was pretty high in collectivism!!
That would probably explain the biggest cultural difference over here.
I like doing things in groups! it's WAYY more fun!
While the people I know over here.. usually spend time with one person only.. bleehh :P
Anddd the jokes and sarcasm over here.. is not usually well intentioned.
Also the trend of fun over here is to get wasted aka drunk..
how boring.

However there's alot of the pro's and con's
The standard of living here is better, but there's nothing much you can do
without spending alot. Retail food is expensive, so as any such fun activities.
There are alot of tourist spots, bla bla bla, better infrastructure,
better pay... people here are way more spoilt !
However I can't really enjoy all this without the social support!
Most of my uni mates social support would be their bf/gf..
its like friends don't really matter anyway.

Hehe sorry I talk to much when I'm hyper :P
It's as if I could write a thesis paper about crap
Also I don't really get social politics!
why can't people be honest or sincere over here!
well honest in a good way that doesn't intentionally hurt others...


Since there's no uni tomorrow..
I was wondering who I can kacau...
then I couldn't think of anyone I could...
their either too busy or too far. :(
sighs... Prolly bum around the house?
it's been a mess since the assignment and mid-term rush.
BORING!
my hyperness will diminish by then.
Till then let me continue to bug people on msn :P


p.s : my credit has expired.. what a bummer.
Oh CONCEPTION DAY IS ON FRIDAY!! say hello to WOLFMOTHER XD
back to top?
monthly archive

March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 September 2011 June 2012
recent entries

one more week to go.. mukyaaa~ Pointless? updates i want DDR! Not so well Hectic time to die Elizabeth !!!! new-old-me
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS